Question. What do you call one and a half pounds of ground beef, a pound of bacon, a quarter pound of cheese, and lots of lettuce and tomatoes on a bun?
Introducing the Mega Mel Burger
|Does this make you hungry?|
Located just 1.5 miles from my home is a little restaraunt called Mel's Country Cafe. Home of the Mega Mel Burger and a favorite place for Mormon missionaries to get some grub. The Mega Mel Burger is one of those things that if you can eat it then you get your name on the wall a t-shirt and the whole thing for free. The rules are pretty simple. The official rules from their website are
- If you leave anything on your plate, you will be disqualified
- If anyone takes anything off your plate, you will be disqualified
- you must be able to walk and talk after eating the Mega Mel Burger
- If you get sick at any time, you will be disqualified
- You have 2 hours to eat the Mega Mel Burger
- We will stop you from eating if at any time we feel you are going to get sick
- The most important thing is to remember that the Mega Mel Burger is a fun event at Mel's Country Cafe, so please have fun with it.
Notice how many of them are to protect you. These rules are just like the commandments that we have been given from God. They aren't to restrict or hinder us, but they are for our good. The Prophet Joseph Smith taught: "God has designed our happiness. … He never will institute an ordinance or give a commandment to His people that is not calculated in its nature to promote that happiness which He has designed."